Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for DL7xx Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novelli

Technical User
Jul 2, 2005
DE
Hi,

is there anybody out there with a EMC CDL 7xx (Virtual Tape ibary) in combination with EMC/Legato Networker on Solaris ?

Iam looking for a similar environment to compare some error messages like on the cdl:

Failed to write to virtal Tape EC 154

in combination with I/O Errors on the Networker Server

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

I have a few CDL DL740's (4) to be exact on site. Two are in production and the two others are being set up now.

I too have been looking for other people to bounce ideas and questions off of for the last few months, other then calling the EMC HD and waiting in line, there isn't much out there.

So what are your questions? Errors?

thanks
H1tmanSS

PEACE

Hi H1tmanSS,

we had massive problems with our old DL700 with ATA drives.
We lost 3 times the whole box because of inconsitent Slot information and overwritten tapes becsause of faults in the box.
After 14 months emc swapped the box against a DL710 with FC drives and the new Dell server.

Since that time all our problems are gone.

Now iam looking for peaople which are using the new storage node functionality (networker) build in in code 2.2 and higher.

Are you using this ?

C

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE
EMC Networker LCNS

We've had some problems, but very few. We are using the 2.0 code level of firmware on the CDL and have had very few issues. We plan to do the upgrade to 2.2 sometime in the next 2 months and also us the SN utilities with 7.3 Legato and implement server side cloning.

PEACE

We are running a DL740 with Commvault backup solution.

We've seen a few problems with it, but nothin severe. We recently had it upgraded to 2.1

Ill try to put whatever input i can for questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back