Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for correct version of CAd for windows 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErebusOZ

Technical User
Feb 19, 2009
AU
Hi all,

Just been told we are moving to Windows 7 OS desktops and the current version of Agent Desktop and Supervisor Desktop we are using is not compatable with Windows 7.

Can someone point out the correct version please to which I need to download and test please.

cucm 6.1
uccx 5.0
Agent Desktop & Supervisor Desktop 5.0 Build: 4.2.12

Thank you,
Peter

you will need a mimimum of version 8 to use windows 7.
They are working on making it compatible with uccx version 7 but not there yet.
So you will need to upgrade call manager to version 8 and uccx to 8 as well. You can't just use the latest cad with your version as it is not compatible.
If you are using agent monitoring you will be required to be at 8.5 or higher.

Hi whykap,

Thank you for your reply although that was not the answer I was looking for :( I was hoping that I would be able to get around this problem by simple right click/properties and enable windows compatibility settings to trick the install.

So far I have managed to get halfway through into the install and hit a brick wall with Error 1303 which is some permission issue.

Anyway I will continue trying with this compatibility and hope for a win. :)

Thank you,
Peter

Your version of uccx is not compatible with Windows 7. No workarounds are supported, Your only options are to upgrade or stay with with XP. sorry

FYI,

Looks like I have managed to get Cisco Agent Desktop working :)

I had overlooked grabbing a current version of the agent from uccx plugin field. Bingo, installed fine without any problems.

Cheers,
Peter

So what version were you using before if not the one in the plugins field of your 5.X version of uccx?

Well that`s an interesting question.
I was lead to believe both files were the same. After all both install files were 28Mb in size and carry the same file name. The only difference I noticed was the created date and revision numbers are different.

------Working---------------
Spanlink Communications;
{83FB57B4-38E3-447D-B9CC-14E41A39BDF6}
Content created 12/0/2008

-------Not working----------
Spanlink Communications;
{0E9CB9B7-4A11-40BC-B9EA-1B5928E0B104}
File siZe 28 MB
Content created 26/11/2007

Also Cisco Supervisor Desktop works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.