Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a vendor that sells generic telephones 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanYsidro

Technical User
Aug 17, 2004
US
I'm looking for a vendor that can supply (analog) corded telephones with no caller ID or speakerphone for use as courtesy telephones with options for wall-mount. They are getting hard to find new as full-featured telephones are pretty cheap these days. Can't find them anywhere - are they still available? Net 30 sales a must.

Thanks in advance!

I buy my cheap-ass phones from Med-Pat. I get them for $12.50 each in quantities of 48 or more (price may be a tad higher individually). They are fully hearing aid compatible, have a red flashing strobe along with the ringer for the handicapped, and voulme controls and boost buttons. The numbers are beneath the plastic of the keys so they don't wear off and they're lighted. You can wall or desk mount them.

We use them in patient rooms in the hospital - they destroy an average of 60 of them a year due to dropping, wear and tear, and other things that happen in hospitals, so I wanted something as cheap as possible - they work great and have a 1-year warranty.

if you need net 30 expect to pay for it , money cost money ,cash on the barrel head will get you the cheapest deals

You can check out Southern Telecom Distributors in TN. I have been pretty happy with their refurbished 2500DM and 2554BM sets. They can be reached @ 800-752-1107 or
They have WECO, SC and ITT telephone sets.(real phones). In addition they have refurb kits of housings, handsets, cords and faceplates available.

If you want a particular make or type, you can specify, for example: a WECO 2554BM with chrome hook, instead of the plastic one.(provided they have stock)

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions. Thank goodness this type of hardware is still available & I won't be forced to waste a proparitary (spelling ??) analog telephone for courtesy use.

Curious. What do you mean by a proprietary analog telephone? Do you mean a hybrid?

Rolm
What I was referring to (and probably worded it incorrectly) was specifically the Nortel 8314 or 8009 type analog telephones. They are too costly to set out as courtesy telephones - I just need something generic rather than "Brand Name" as the Nortel analog telephones are. All of the suggestions mentioned were EXTREMELY helpful and much appreciated. Don't know where I'd be without Tek-Tips.

OK - that makes more sense. Yes, those 8000 series analog phones are overkill for "courtesy phones"- I stil prefer the good 'ol 2500 series phones for this type of duty. They are simple but even the ones made by ITT are much higher quality than Cortelco. The problem with using super cheap phones is that the voice quality is marginal. We had Cortelcos deployed at one time and they were all replaced within a year. Either due to keypad & hookswitch failures or poor voice quality that was unacceptable to the end user. The cost factor may look good for the short term, but they may cause headaches in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back