Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a time manager - resource allocation tool for team tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Shick

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2016
US
So, I'm not sure how to bet title our need. I own a small engineering firm where I need to allocate time to various team mebmers for various projects. I currently use todoist for task mamangement. It's an ok task solution, but lacks many needed tools for a manager. Then, I need a way to allocate time for each project and/or task on a calendar, showing the duration for a project and/or task, with the ability to move multiple projects and/or tasks together based on delays or interruption. I was directed to hourstack for easy todoist integration; the idea is good, but not at all a productive solution.

Curious if any of you have suggestions. Looking for a solution for a small firm with 3-5 persons.

Thanks,

There is (was) a product from Serena called Team Track. They've changed the name, but you can probably search Serena Team Track and find it. If Team Track is too expensive, you can try searching for similar products.

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Yes. It allows assignment of recurring (business as usual) and project-type tasks, and you can even let the employee enter their own task if you want. It then tracks hours against those tasks and has rollup capabilities, reporting, etc.

advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Just to conclude the thread. Team Track was renamed as SBM, Serena Business Manager. Then Serena was bought by Microfocus, and the product is now called: Micro Focus SBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back