Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a simple solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBearDude

Programmer
Jan 13, 2003
US
I've got a small application developed with VB6. I want it to run from a network drive. Theoretically, the only files the user needs locally are the applicable DLL's, etc. No need to have the .EXE local, or .RPT's (crystal). The app hits an ADO data source that lives in same folder structure.

The PDW is pretty lame for my needs and I prefer not to hack the hell out of .LST file (don't know if that'd work at all anyway).

I am trying to come up with a very quick n dirty way of simple delivering run-time files to an end-user.

Any ideas?

Use the P&D wizard. Just un-check the reference to the program executable and delete the shortcut and Start menu folder it will want to create. That should leave you with just the various runtime files you program needs on the local PC. No editing of Setup.lst is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back