Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a multi-user password manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPettit

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2003
US
Does anyone have a recommendation regarding some sort of enterprise password manager? Basically, I'm looking for something like RoboForm that is multi-user and centrally managed. (And yes, I have looked at RoboForm Enterprise, but I'd also like to know if there are other applications that may be better.)

I've got a group of accounting people that need access to various websites. We want to provide a way for them to log into these websites, but we don't want everyone to have the passwords (so that they can't take the info with them if they leave the company). We also want to be able to define which sites a user will be able to access.

Requirements:
1. Admin account(s) for creating the login credential information/passcards.
2. Admin can assign passcards to any combination of users.
3. Users are unable to view/edit the passcard details.
4. Each user has their own account that they must log into in order to begin using the passcards.
5. When a user visits a site, they select the passcard from a toolbar or context menu which fills in the login information automatically (user might see the login name, but they don't see the password unless the site doesn't hide the passwords).
6. Compatible with IE. Firefox would be nice, but not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back