Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a how-to to upgrade CM from 8 to 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneITGuy

Systems Engineer
Oct 1, 2019
US
Hello,

I'm looking for a how-to to upgrade from CM8 to CM10 - I've tried avaya's site and that was a nightmare to get what I need, so I gave up. Searching Google doesn't help either because I keep getting down rabbit trails. Does anyone have a how-to to do this upgrade, as well as if I need to upgrade SMGR, too?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

System manager is required to be upgraded first so it can support all the other upgraded devices. Usually the system manager migration path craps out due to corruption so you are usually better off rebuilding a new system manager /session manager from scratch.

I haven't gone from 8 to 10 yet but have gone from 6 to 8. Grab the pile of Avaya docs and duplicate your production setup in a lab and start trying things. You'll make a lot of mistakes, but over time you'll chip away at it and figure our how to get from A to Z. You wont find a guide that shows you the complete process, you'll need to write the guide yourself.

PhoneITGuy,
This is what I would do.
1.First I would get the Planning for Upgrading Avaya Aura Applications document.
Chapter 5: Upgrade Sequence and Paths will give you the Avaya recommended upgrade order.

2. I would Download the latest release notes for R10.1.x.x
I would read the entire document as there were major changes paying particular attention to required artifacts and security patch application.

3.Next I would download the deployment guide for the applications I in your environment, read through them thoroughly and make sure you understand them. If you have questions ask Avaya or ask in this forum.

That will get you started but as phoneguy55 stated practice in your lab.
best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back