Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a Good MCSE program !

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick

MIS
Apr 21, 1999
US
I would like to ask all you professionals how you got certified, ??<br>
I'm looking into training videos and CD's and would like to ask if any of you recommend a certain program. <br>
Thanks for reading, Please advise !

If you do not mind the cost, New Horizons offers several certification packages. They are the least expensive that I have found.

I dont know if u have experience or not.. but the best course will be hands on.

I think for those who work with NT in the workplace the can pick up some things and pass the test by books and tapes.

If u have no experience, get a course the gives u hands on training.

I had only worked with W95, and had limited IT experience.

The classes i took were 8 weeks for each of the 7 areas, and each student had their own PC. Its also helpful to have a teacher who actually works and just does not teach. I was fortunate to have the same guy for all the courses. He taught at night, but worked with these systems during the day. He was teach us what Microsoft wants you to know to pass the test, but would also teach us the practical stuff of how it REALLY performs and works in the workplace. He was also available to us out of class. We could even sit in on other classes. It was expensive $1,000 per class, but it was worth it to a real novice like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back