Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a good GUI development environment to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

skata

Programmer
Oct 25, 2002
US
I am looking for a good GUI development environment to learn. I have visual studio .net and know only C++. I want to be able to have my GUI(s) interface with C++ code. What do you guys suggest?

How about MFC? You already have it since you have Visual Studio .NET and you should find it easy to learn since you know C++.

Visual studio .NET offers you at least two possibilities
1. resource editor
2. form editor for managed applications
Another possibility is using of many wizards. By using them is easy to add code, but that does not mean what you do not have to code at all (like in MS Access which alows you to code but you may not to do this).

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

There're several free and quite nice GUI toolkits, such as wxWindows/wxWidgets, Ultimate++, Qt(free only under certain conditions).

For now, you can download as seperate programs Visual Studio 2005, for C#, C++, Visual Basic and so on. Right from Microsoft. These are Betas, and they are free. They all compile to .net and are a complete GUI development environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back