Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a good book 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimgarry

MIS
May 16, 2000
I'm looking for a good book on vfp.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have worked with fox in the past (fox base) and now am moving to vfp 6 what a difference.&nbsp;&nbsp;Need help fing a good book not one full of junk.<br>

I can't recommend a good &quot;Intro&quot; book, but an outstanding reference book is <i>Hacker's Guide to Visual FoxPro 6.0</i> by Granor/Roche, ISBN: 0-96550-936-2.&nbsp;&nbsp;<font color=red>Warning:</font> pricey. <p>Robert Bradley<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= - Visual FoxPro Development</a><br>

Check out the reader replies at amazon.com&nbsp;&nbsp;They may prove useful to you.&nbsp;&nbsp;Just search for 'foxpro' books or whatever<br>John Durbin

I'll 2nd the vote on the VFP6 Hacker's guide.&nbsp;&nbsp;It was written by the 2 editors of FoxPro Advisor magazine I belive.&nbsp;&nbsp;It also comes with a CD full of samples. <p>Victor Anderson<br><a href=mailto:victoranderson2000@imailbox.com>victoranderson2000@imailbox.com</a><br><a href= Guru</a><br>ICQ# - 14847018

Let me just follow up on <i>Hacker's Guide</i> based on one's comment in a different thread.<br><br>It is <font color=red>not</font> a book that teaches you how to use VFP.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you are a 2.6er or a Clipperhead, it will not teach you how to build VFP apps.&nbsp;&nbsp;Do not buy it for this reason, because you will be disappointed.<br><br>Instead, <i>Hacker's Guide</i> is an excellent reference book for people already productive in VFP that reveals many of the quirks, irks, and hidden abilities of the product.&nbsp;&nbsp;It expounds on the on-line help, not replaces it. <p>Robert Bradley<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= - Visual FoxPro Development</a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back