Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a Good book on Win 2K Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2001
US
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of a good book to read on windows 2000 server?

I know some stuff on the server but want to read more since I feel I'm missing a few things.

Thank You
Troy Montour

Troy ,

depends what sort of info you need and in what depth.
I have quite a few win 2000 server books but in my opinion
Inside Windows 2000 server by William Boswell is in a different league (New Riders).

It's very in-depth though as far as AD, kerberos etc - I wouldn't really suggest it as a how to - admin book however.

Cheers

welshguy,
well guess what I'm looking for is more of a how to book, just to make sure I'm doing stuff right or to learn how to do some new stuff.

and probably another book would be administration for performance tweaks but this one isn't as in portent because I can find this stuff online when needed.

Thank You
Troy

Troy
As far as a how-to book goes - I find Windows 2000 Administrators Pocket consultant by Microsoft to be very good. Not a huge amount of detail - just shows how to set this up, check that etc.

Cheers

Check out "Mastering Windows 2000 Server" by Mark Minasi.
Jeff

I haven't lost my mind - I know it's backed up on tape somewhere ....

Minasi has a a set called mastering windows 2000 resources kit that includes a server book, a proffessional book, a registry book, and an active directory book. It also has a handy cd that has all four books in an adobe searchable format. $100 for all 5 items. Can't beat it. And Minasi knows his stuff.

I've been very pleased with the Mark Minasi-authored materials I've read. Not only is the information great, he manages to throw in some jokes here and there and it really makes it easier to read. Marc Creviere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back