Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for a dsl router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeros

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
US
Im wondering if anyone can recommend a router to me for my business needs.

I have several clients that I want to set web fitlers on. Some of the employees find the need to visit and waste time on certain sites and instead of setting up filters on all of these machines individually (win xp) I would lieke to set this up on the router (need a new one anyway). I am going through pacbell.

Thanks

I use a Juniper Netscreen NS5GT-WL-ADSL at home for my work needs. This unit not only functions as a router but it is a full-on firewall, IPsec support, has built-in ADSL port (works great with SBC Yahoo) and built-in wireless access point. With proper licensing you can use SurfControl web filtering to fill your needs. Plus they offer Antivirus and Antispam support and deep inspection which can look at packets all the way up to layer 7 (at a performance cost of course). Definitely a feature-rich quality product, though not the easiest to configure.

The Netgear DG834G works well for me, and also has wireless AP and firewall. I have mine configured to give the laptops and PCs the same DHCP-assigned IP address (mapped to the MAC address of the PC's network card) and allow certain PCs to access certain web-sites, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back