Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a CMD CRD 5642-232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assistnet

MIS
Apr 27, 2007
US
We have a Alpha 2000 with 2 PCI Scsi cards 1 is a KZPBA-CB that is connected to a HSZ70 ultras Scsi Raid Controller and DS-BA370-AA Rack mount (Boat Anchor) with DKC0 and DKB200. then KAPSA-BB is the second SCSI Controller that goes to an old Digital Basics CMD-crd 5642-232 I believe that has a Raid 5 called DKB200. The programmers did not use a logical drive instead they programmed directly to the DKB200. So if we should have a major crash it would take years to reprogram every thing to the DKC200. So we are looking for another 5640. Would any one have any idea where to get a hold of one. Second We are also in need of an Alpah 200 power supply model 30-44170-01. Or if any ones knows the ware abouts of any one from Digital Basics people.

Any help would be greatly appreciative

I can't help you with finding any of that old hardware, but I do have a small suggestion. It appears to me that your concern is having your drive DKB200 fail and not having any spare part to repair it. You could define DKB200 as a logical name and point it to another device, say new hardware instead of your current boat anchor.

For example, say you added drive DIA1:. You run the command
$ DEFINE/SYSTEM DKB200 DIA1:
All your software that was hardcoded for DKA200 would then logically point to DIA1. This would give you a migration option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back