Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

look @ picture w/out gimp starting up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yelserp87

Technical User
Jul 26, 2005
US
before gimp. i was able to double click a picture and it would preview it. ever since i installed gimp, when i double click a picture it opens gimp and not a preview window. how can i make this stop?

If you're using Windows, then right-click the file, click "Open with ...", select the program you want to use for viewing, click "always use this program", and click OK.

The same procedure applies to other systems, like Linux with KDE.

lol i feel like such an idiot. i know this stuff its just sumtime i stare too hard at 1+1 and get 3. thanx

TonyGroves wrote:
"If you're using Windows, then right-click the file, click "Open with ...", select the program you want to use for viewing, click "always use this program", and click OK."

I'm OK until "open with..." included. But I'm stuck at "click "always use this program". I can't see this option and don't know where to find it...

Thanks so much! Me too I feel like an idiot... it was there in front on my eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back