Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long Distance Restrictions for New MCIS 7.0 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleskeen

Programmer
Nov 26, 2006
US
Can someone walk me thru the steps to program long distance restrictions for the following system: NEW MCIS 7.0 system with x26 - t7316e extension phones?

I need all phones restricted, and need user passwords to remove this feature when needed.

I know how to restrict long distance access via each extension phone, but I cannot get the phone to release for long distance use after entering the COS password.

I have read the entire installer guide, the coordinators guide, and for some reason, I cannot get the darn system to work.

I am programming onsite from a notebook PC using NRU 11.0 and a Fast RAD unit.

I have COS programmed, restrictions 01 set, but I cannot get passed the bypass using the specified COS password after dialing F*68.

I know I missing something but don’t know what, so if someone could spell it out for me from start to finish, I will re-try my efforts.

Thanks
Charles

Assign filter 02 to your cos password where it says default filter. Filter 02 should have no restrictions by default.

When in doubt RTFM (read the friggin manual)

thank you ace...i wont tell um... but will point pretty dam good

Filter 01 is ok to use ,but in the COS you have to assign a filter that overrides 01 with your required long distance numbers, ie #2 which has no default entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back