Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long Distance PowerPoint Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAceMan1

Programmer
Sep 23, 2003
US
Howdy All ...

Projecting PowerPoint onto the front of a theatre screen from the back of the theatre. Is it possible to remotely control the mouse from the front stage?

See Ya . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]
Also FAQ181-2886 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]

You an find some suggestions here

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

Or Teamviewer or other remote app and a tablet/laptop.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Andrzejek, DrB0b,

Thank you for your responses. I was already looking into KVM Extenders. They'll do the job (quite easily), but are on the expensive side. My query was for other means or methods not having a hard impact on the wallet.

Control by remote applications like TeamViewer (suggested by DrBob) would work a low price, but I'm trying not to use a laptop with an additional monitor from the podium on stage.
The speaker simply needs to page thru the PowerPoint Presentation and perform some pointing with the mouse. There's a 60" monitor angled up at the podium where the speaker sees the same on the big theatre screen behind them.

I'm currently writing my proposal for a meeting tomorrow.
Again thanks for the input ... and you guys take care ... Ya, Hear!

See Ya . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]
Also FAQ181-2886 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]

It is possible to remotely control the mouse from the front stage with the help of using a laser pointer to point on to the screen to some details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back