Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long distance codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

James991985

Technical User
Feb 5, 2014
US
I have avaya partner R7 system. Iam trying to program the system so that to make a long distance call on any extention and on all of the lines you will need to enter a code before you make a call. Just on long distance calls. Or will this have to be done through the phone provider.

If I understand this correctly, if I set up a code and then the person enters that code they can make both long distance and local calls correct. If so, I want them to be able to make local calls anytime they want, but don't want them to do long distance calls unless they enter a code.

You could use System Password in #403, it is only 4 digits, and there is only one. A user presses Hold and dials the password before lifting the handset, this will overide the extension's restrictions for one call. You will also need the system password to activate and deactivate night service. If any extensions are in the Night Service group, they will need the password to make ANY calls during Night Service (except emergency list and marked system speed dial numbers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back