Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long Distance Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleTO

MIS
May 17, 2006
CA
We are running an IP Office 406 (3.1.56) with VMPro and having some issues with individuals abusing long distance privileges. What suggestions can anyone make as far as:

1)requiring a code to be entered before allowing long distance use
2)finding some sort of software we can run on the VMPro server to log all outgoing calls
3)any other suggestions you may have to stop the abuse

Thanks!

You can run Delta server on your IP Office server. That will log all calls in CSV format for viewing in Excel. That is on the Admin CD. Install it as a service though in case your server reboots.

And just as easy you could set up codes for dialing LD.

In my opinion you should be logging calls anyway.

Okay, I have Delta server installed now. Are there any good, basic documents on how to get the application configured for an IP Office?

Thanks again...

Delta Server SMDR Info:
Comms: Connection Information
Search or type in IP Office IP address 192.168.42.1 apply (save)

The file below saves all error information to error.csv file.
Log to File tab entry:
Log File: enabled Log file Name: error.csv apply (save)
Event Viewer: Error apply (save)

The file below saves all you extension and line information to afc.csv file.
SMDR: SMDR log file enabled SMDR file Name: afc.csv apply (save).
Use excel to read report.

"A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country.

Use restrications to block LD calls or use account codes for individuals so you can c who is making what calls

Or, make a shortcode for LD calls and set the checkmark "Force Accounth Code". This will make it so anything matching the shortcode must enter an account code (verified against the Account Code table) before being processed by the system.

Hope this helps...

Kris G.

This is awesome. Thank you so much for the help. I have the Delta Server running and configured now and it works like a charm!

Management would still like to be able to restrict certain extensions from making long distance calls, but I'm not sure how to do this using the "User Restrictions." Would someone be able to post a quick example?

Thank you again!

Better to document those who would steal LD, and deal with them, than just block them. That way you can fire the thieves, not disallow your ability to see who is a thief.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

I suggest the Delat Server application which can provide basic call accounting data, to .CSV file. This can be opened via Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, and give the ability to keep historical call data. It is not as pretty a presentation as for fee call accounting software, but many IT professionals can create spreadsheets to present the data in graphs, or manipulate the data very effectively.
This does not require any licensing from Avaya as the functiuonality is free, but somewhat limited if you do not know how to use excel.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back