Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Long click (left click and hold) opens files

Status
Not open for further replies.

stduc

Programmer
Nov 26, 2002
GB
thread779-1393882

To fully close the old thread - the problem turned out to be a intermittent hardware issue with the mouse (A logitech MX 600). It eventually developed other issues such as double clicking all by itself. In the end I got fed up with tweaking the software settings and just replaced it with another similar mouse from logitech that required no changes to the software.

Oh, so you're answering an old thread with a new one. Shucks! I was going to suggest it was the mouse goin' off the deep-end, hardware issues. I've had the same issue before with a dying mouse. [thumbsup2]

Yeah - sorry about that - but the old thread was closed. What else to do.
It got left so long because:-
I have been extremely busy.
That mouse would (and presumably still would) behave for weeks at a time and then throw a "temper tantrum" for an hour or so - weird!
I finally switched it to another PC and it eventually threw another wobbly, so I replaced it. But talk about intermittent.
I guess I mainly posted about this as a lesson in how intermittent an issue can be. Everything I tried would appear to fix it at the time!

[navy]When I married "Miss Right" I didn't realise her first name was 'always'. LOL[/navy]

Oh, given the circumstances, I'd think it a great idea to start the new thread, actually, sorry if it came across as meaning it was a dumb choice or anything like that.

Glad you got it sorted out, even if it took what 3 years. [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back