Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lonetar Verify Failing - Files have been modified

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottsi69

Technical User
Jan 23, 2001
US
I have a client who's Lonetar backup has been passing nightly but the verify fails and it says that files have been modifed since they were backed up. I went ahead and looked at these files and they are data files that my program uses. I verified that nobody was logged into the system while this back / verify was running (runs at 2am) and nobody has been working while it was running. This has been going on for a week now and I have no clue as to why this started happening. Anyone have any ideas ?

Thank You in advance for your help...

if you look at the files what is the last modified time on them. if it is after the backup starts then you might check for a cron job.

Make sure that no-one is running batch updates at nignt ie: long unattended reports. this could be a cause. Also try to have the tape cleaned or fresh tape could do the trick or try to retention the tape a few times then try it out

I know it sound's obvious, but have you checked the computer clock to make sure it is set to the correct time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back