Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logs for Citrix session stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javon7065

MIS
Dec 18, 2000
US
I am wondering if there is a log that exisits that tracks the user session connections in detail. we are having an issue here with one user who keeps on getting disconnected. she mainly works from home and it has been happening a lot in the past week. she is using a comcast cable connection running windows xp pro. I just want to look at our end before blaming it on her connectioon and/or configuration

I found the "auditlog" utility which seems to just read the security event log (i just enabled auditing on the server so there is not much to look at) will this give me what I am looking for or is there something else that can be looked at? thanks

That wouldn't help you much because auditing is designed more to track Windows 2000 related events. Not Citrix related events.

The Citrix ICA client has logging features which it stores in
%UserProfile%\Application Data\ICAClient\wfcwin32.log

You can configure the log setting through the ICA Client under Tools - ICA Setting - Event Logging

By the way, you might want to try raising the value for the TCPIPKeepAlive settings on the client (or was it the server). Anyway, I don't remember how to do it but I know it exists. It was often a fix for users with unstable WANs such as the Internet. Dave Namou, MCSE CCEA

Thanks for the reply. I found that log on my system but it only lists the install date of the citrix client. does this log program neighborhood sessions as well as NFuse sessions?

I found the folowing reg key for TCPIP keepalive on the client. does it look familiar?

HKLM\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET002\Control\Terminal Server\winstations\rdp-Tcp

the value is set to 0

thanks

I wasn't aware that your user was connecting through NFuse. I'm not certain if there is a log file for NFuse.

You should provide the full Program Neighborhood client to the user to see if they have the same problems when they connect. Then you can log it as well.

I'm not certain if that's the KeepAliveKey. Try posting a new question (thread) about the KeepAlive key. Maybe someone knows it offhand. I'll try to find the exact key in some of my old docs. Dave Namou, MCSE CCEA

For TCPKeepalives settings check MS Q120642. the key is
LM\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\tcpip\parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back