Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logout takes a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmtny

MIS
Mar 12, 2003
US
When any user logs off a citrix server, (s)he sees the Please wait...Saving your settings...window for a long time before actually logging off. What could be the problem here?

I found this problem was caused in our environment by the later version of the MS03-039 ( I think its this one; the RPC worm one), I pulled it off and all came right. Try removing it and see if that adds any mileage.

We ran into this problem installing any MS Hotfixes and Service Packs. We finally installed a utility called UPHClean which will clean up any Userenv error message that you might be receiving in your event viewer as well as any slow log offs. We're using this on our Win2000 and Win2003 Citrix boxes.

Ive also had this when it doesnt write the home directory to the cached profile. Check the cached profile on the terminal server when you have logged off to see if the profile has been copied over

How large is the users profile. Remember you have to copy the profile back to the profile share during log off if you use roaming profiles. When you log on as a local account is this still a problem?

Check out out MS KB 828153. I was experiencing this problem along with a more serious problem of user profiles not unloading because of a hive in HK_U not unloading. I installed this patch in addition to 827825 to correct the profile problem, and the lengthy delay you described went away also. This delay was one thing that 828153 was supposed to correct (in addition to correcting part of my other problem). Since I applied both of these hotfixes at the same time, I can't tell you that 828153 alone fixed the delay problem, but that KB article was the one that mentioned it.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back