Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon to multiple domains/workgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jszei

MIS
Aug 31, 2001
US
I have a laptop which has a profile set up on our local domain. I would like to take that laptop home and logon to the @home workgoup. AS you may have guessed, the network settings are completely different. I'd like to keep the computer name the same as well as the user logon & password. How can I logon to both using the same profile?

Thanks,
John

You need to logon to your laptop locally, and manually change the network settings/workgroup. Unfortunately, Windows 2000 does not store multiple network settings without a second NIC.

You could only accomplish this seamlessly if you added a second NIC to your laptop.
Pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

I have the same problem too. Need to manually change all the TCP/IP settings at home and at two other locations. Is there any utility that can do this?

Just found from another topic about "netswitcher" and everything is solved now. Great utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back