Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon to domain Over VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattm31

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
GB
Hi
We have a remote warehouse that is connected to us Via router to router VPN, I've been looking at ways of letting it logon to the Domain over the VPN and have been told that a logon script should do the trick but can't find any information anywhere of how to do it,

Could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Are you looking to have the routers logon to the domain? If so for what purpose?

Doamin logon should be fine as long as it's a permanent VPN on the router/edge device. We used to do it with Draytek Routers and their built in IPSEC vpns. The problem can sometimes be a very slow logon (up to 20 minutes) caused by the machine getting confused by the slowness of the VPN compared to the LAN - you may need to change a registry setting to force logon to use TCP instead of UDP.. should be googleable but I'll try and remeber to dig it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back