Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon to Access DB on Mapped Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkavanagh

MIS
Feb 12, 2003
IE
Hello All,

I have CE 10, all on the one box with Windows 2000 Advanced Server, CR 9 reports developed on my desktop, and normally oracle 8i and 9i but now I have an issue with publishing a few reports from an Access database

I have an ODBC datasource on the CE server using the microsoft access driver through a mapped drive location (a file server). There is no username and password to the database or datasource but I am still getting the error:

"There was an error retrieving data from the server: The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect."

Is this a permissions thing or is there an issue with access database off the ce server. The sample extreme crystal reports work fine and the I have set up the datasource with th e same name as the one in the report.

Do I need to use a driver that allows UNC locations?

Thanks for the time

F

Crystal Reports 9
Crystal Enterprise 10
Oracle 8.1 (ODBC and native Oracle connection depending on database)
Windows 2000 (Both Desktop and Server)

Hi,
The services in CE must be running under an account that has OS level permissions to access the database files..

Also be sure you use the UNC method of specifying the location.( \\server\path).
File mappings only work for a logged in user - the CE services are not logged in as such.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks turkbear,

I was afraid of this. You talk about the unc path which is something I will need to do as our servers need to be logged off as part of Sarbanes Oxley Compliance but do you recomend a driver to use. The Microsfot Driver doesn't seem to cater for UNC paths The one installed on our machine uses the three panels of drives in one, folders just above and files on the left. Are we horibbley out of date?

Thanks again

F

Crystal Reports 9
Crystal Enterprise 10
Oracle 8.1 (ODBC and native Oracle connection depending on database)
Windows 2000 (Both Desktop and Server)

Hi,
Not sure in that version of CR but look for and try the
Access\Excel(DAO) connection to specify the UNC full location..
Like \\serveranddomain\directory\mydatabase.mdb

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back