Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

doranalan

Programmer
Jun 7, 2003
IE
I have a logon script which needs to write to the registry which i can do successfully. However, i need to write to the keys inside of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\. The problem is that when the logon script is running, the current user is .default as far as the registry is concerned, and the values i write do not apply to the user who just logged in.

I am trying to set the home page and proxy settings for the machines.

I have tried writing to HKEY_USERS\<user>\ , but thre is no key for the user until they have logged in.

When they have logged in, they do not have permissions to write to the registry.

Any suggestions?

I'll try to help as this sounds a little confusing to me....

Go to System info under System Tools(give yourself a desktop shortcut...:>).. and in left pane click Internet Explorer?....is that what your browser is?....and does IEAK install say no or yes?

If &quot;yes&quot;, we'll talk more.....

Do a find for *.adm and *.pol files...if you have &quot;anything&quot;.......do a find for poledit.exe and common.adm just to see if System Policy Editor is employed......if so, Go start>run poledit.......let me know and we'll keep going....

You can give the Users &quot;Rights&quot; through Poledit.....

By the way the .Default should only be under HKEY_USER.......not HKEY_CURRENT_USER

You might have *.pwl (password lists) files contradicting also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back