Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulio

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2003
US
I'm having diffuclties running a vbs login script on a windows 2000 PDC. I placed the vbs script into Group policy under the domain level. The script works when administrators log on, however, does not work when regular users logon.

madmac - are you out there? I'm using your login script and see you have helped many of folk on Tek-Tips with vbs login scripts.

Thanks to all!!

Hi ulio,

This sounds to me like you have not configured the security for your GPO.

From the list of Group Policies. Highlight your GPO that holds the script and click the Properties button.

Click the Security tab.

Add the appropriate users to the list and be sure to check the box (last setting in the list) to Apply the policy.

As a side not I recommend that you remove Administrators & Domain Admins from getting the GPO by clicking in the DENY box. The worst thing you can do if you are not adept at policies is to lock out your admin accounts.

Verify too that you have set this up in a new policy and not in any that start with Default (Domain Policy or Domain Controller Policy).

Lastly, make sure you have set the policy at the same level or higher of where your user objects are stored in AD.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

yep hes got it

you got domain admins with read and apply group policy but not authenticated users

needs to be the other way around

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE00/03, MCSA:Messaging, MCSA03, A+
almost got a paragraph there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back