Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantera8

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2003
US
I am trying to find a script that will disable all local default shares. Does anyone have one that will work? Windows 2000 server, with Windows XP workstations.

Thanks for you help.

Some people are nice, and some people are mean. I am nice....

Server Share Check (SrvCheck) is a command-line tool that lists nonhidden shares on a computer and enumerates the access control lists (ACLs) for each share.

This tool may be solve part of your problem.

A+/MCP/MCSE/MCDBA

You can disable these shares, but only for the current session. When you restart Windows, the shares will be reenabled. You cannot change the permissions on these shares anytime. If you attempt to do this, you receive the following message:
This has been shared for administrative purposes. The permissions cannot be set.

You might want to take a look at this KB:

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

I am sorry I think I did not explain my situation very well. We have had a few problems with end users browsing the network and looking at other peoples desktops. I am pretty sure that they are just doing a windows run \\computer\C$. I thought there was s script that I could put into the GPO logon, that would disable there local default shares. Is this not true?

You can disable file and print sharing on the local PC.

Regards,

Mark

That means I would have to go to all 150 computers on the network and turn that off. There has got to be another way.

You can script the disabling of File and Print Sharing.

Post a request for that in the vbscript forum. I don't have a script handy for that but somebody else may.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back