Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon script that directs to page depending on user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxie

Technical User
Nov 17, 2002
US
Hi, firstly let me just say im quite impressed with this style of forum.

question - I have a logon screen for a password protect area of my website. The members of this site are made up of two categories and therefore have access to different areas of the protected area.

Does anyone have a JS script that will depending on the user direct them to one page or the other?

Hi Waxie,
Although your request seems simply straightforward but you need to provide following informations at least :
1. Does it need only two categories of user or these categories also have specific access within their own sections ?
2. Which Technology are you using for dynamic content display for your web site?
3. How many approximate pages do you have on your web site?
4. Whether your web site is purely static or does it use some Database to store content information as well as users information?
5.Do you manage sessions between different pages on your web site?

I hope you must be reading users informations dynamically (either through database or some property file) and checking it at login time.

Please provide some additional informations to let you help. Experience teaches slowly and at the cost of mistakes [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back