Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon script now executing

Status
Not open for further replies.

abaddonb

MIS
Jul 25, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a Win98 laptop that is part of a NT4.0 domain. When I try logging in from W98, the scripts gets stuck at "Please wait while your logon scripts executes..". I've let it sit for a few hours and nothing happends. We use the scripts to attach to drives and email. I can hit the cancel button and manually attach to all the drives, but I would like to know what the problem is, not just go around it. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Please let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks.

What's in the login script (eg, does it contain commands that don't work on 98/work differently to NT)?

The only thing in the logon scripts is just links to network drives. I can hard code those drives manually, but I wanna know why aren't the scripts completely executing.

You can try adding an

echo on

command (remove any @echo off commands) at the start of the logon script, so it shows you what it is doing as the script executes. You should then be able to see where it is stopping. [auto] MCSE NT4/W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back