Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon Script issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

xevious2k

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
Hi All,

I tried searching for an answer to this, but couldn't one that worked.

We have 4 servers in our Domain (FPS1 - FPS4). When some users logon the logon script doesn't run. When I check their settings, they are loging onto FPS2, i.e. LOGONSERVER=\\FPS2. If they logon to FPS1, it runs fine. I can't check 3 and 4 because no one is loging into that server. Everything is shared correctly, sysvol and netlogon. Replication is working. Users can manually run the script.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
X2K

Where does the logon script reside? How are you "calling" the logon script? Through AD policies?

GVN

login script is in the sysvol/domain/scripts folder and is called by login script function in AD Users and Computers.

That is the incorrect way to configure the script, those settings are in place for integration with legacy systems.

The correct way to configure this would be to insert the login script into a GPO.

Refer to my FAQ faq329-5798 for tips on how to add the script to a GPO and you will also find my vbscript login script in the same FAQ.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back