Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon Script for Personal Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tershia

Technical User
Mar 26, 2001
GB
I am connecting Win98 machines to W2K Server, the scripts run perfectly but what script do I use to map private drives for users within an OU.

I think you will have to create a group and put a conditional statement in the script to check for the group membership, since win98 does not support OU linked scripts (I think).

An easier way would be to put a group policy on that particular OU and then under Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Scripts, you can add an additional script for startup. You can, if you want, add another login script for this OU to run and just edit the existing one to add the additional drives and assign it to the OU. You may want to set the no overide option in case the script runs simulatenously with the domain script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back