Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logon script - cant delete drive mapping due to a pending operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

techydude

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
On my Win2K AD domain controller, I have a shared folder called "users" (ie d:\users), and under that a bunch of folders named with each user's username also individually shared (ie "amfony" as d:\users\amfony).

My logon script first deletes all drive mappings that may have been mapped previously (eg. net use i: /delete), and then maps new drives (eg. net use i: \\server\users).

For those AD users with a 'home directory' specified (eg. \\server\amfony), I map that as u: (eg. net use u: /home).

For Win2000 & WinXP logons (Win95/98 work fine), the deletion of the u: mapping is halted with a prompt along the lines of "There is a file access or directory search pending on this drive. Disconnecting it will terminate the operation. Do you want to continue? y/N".

If I select No, the new mappings seem to proceed OK. If i select Yes, none of the other drives get mapped by the script, even those that have nothing to do with i: or u:.

Any ideas what's going on here?
Thanks & regards,
Anthony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back