Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

oby1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2002
US
This is kind of funny.Configured a new win 2000 pc for a user. Tried to log on and received this message
"Local policy does not allow you to log on interactively".
How do i get around this. I have tried so many things.

is this user is the Administrator ?! Eng.Mohamed Farid
Cisco Certified Network Associated ,,
Building Cisco Remote Access Network Certified ,,
Routing Cisoc Networks Certified ,,
Switching Networks Cisco Certified ,,

Go to :
Control Panel -> Administrator Tools -> Local Security Setting -> User right Assignments -> Log On Locally
And add the group you want to whom you want to accept their log on . Eng.Mohamed Farid

The user is not an administrator. Gone through the steps you recommended ie the user right steps, earlier but it did not work.Tried other users but got the same message

Is your Computer goin a domain ? Eng.Mohamed Farid

Yes. The computer is part of a domain. This user has an older computer. I just got this one and i am trying to configure it for her.

Check the Domain Server which this computer is log on ,, there is a policy to prevent users to log on locally ! Eng.Mohamed Farid

Have you ADDED this computer to your domain? I forgot to do this once and I think that was the error I got...

Thanks to you all. I did some things that worked. I made the user administrator of the local computer. After that i went to the user right assignment and added the accounts both the local and domain accounts to log on locally.
That did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back