Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logon password locks up, won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcajka

Technical User
Jun 21, 2002
US
Hi,
i'm running windows 98 se and have a router for internet and inhouse network. when i setup this system to share drives and printer it will lock up when i try to logon for the network. when i cancel logon and just boot windows the system comes up just fine. i have the only working printer and don't want to load all the software for the other system on my system. help please!!! John

Which network does it lock up on? Yours or the ISP?

i have att broadband for my isp. my internet is fine. my pc is what locks up when i logon. when i don't logon it boots fine. when i remove sharing and my (pwl) it boots fine. thankyou for such a quick reply.

Try setting it to Not Shared, then uncheck file and print sharing through Network in control panel. Then restart and try logging in. If it works error free go back and enable file and print sharing and create a new share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back