Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logon Message (error) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadySlinger

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2002
US
Hello,

Lately I noticed in the event logs that whenever my windows 2000 server tries to get the latest update for the time, and doesn't get it, it'll time itself out. whenever this happens, when people try to log onto the terminal services side of the server, they received a message:

Logon Message
The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
The network request is not supported.

Please contact your system administrator.

If I try to log in as administrator, it tells me the same thing, from remote or server.

Anyone ever run into this or heard of it. I looked up the error message in Microsoft's knowledge base, but couldn't find anything that was similar.
The only way I've been getting people to log in is by pressing and holding the start button and rebooting the server.

if you can addd/remove TS componant, u might resolve the issue. my biggest guess is the TS files are currupted.

Hi Ladyslinger

I have this message as well - did you manage to sort it out? - if so what did you have to do?

thanks in advance

Phylis

Hi Phylis,

Actually no deleting and re-installing Terminal Services did not work.

I've done all the updates possible and its subsides for a couple of days, but on occassion it does act up like this again.

I'm still researching more on this...if I find something that does work, I'll let you know.

Ladyslinger

we also had the same problem

and by us it was a keylogger (NS Keylogger which was discovered by spyware doctor, better say a hacker which gained access to our machines and it seems that he liked to play with me (i hate this guys, if i ever catch one, then Grace it God)
now we secured immediatly our sever to avoid this in the future

Hmm...thanks I'll try Spyware Doctor...I have the Microsoft Spyware Beta version but that didn't detect anything.

Have you been able to find a fix for this issue? We have been fighting with it for 3 weeks. Please help.

I've had this issue also but im starting to think its hardware related, basically its a NAS that has x6 200GB disks on a 3ware raid controller (7508 i think).

The machine was working ok but was slowing down due to the amount of backups hitting it (was a dual P3 processor) so we swapped the board out for a dual P4 Xeon setup (and upped the PSU to cope).

Since we've installed it we've had nothing but problems with it, the machine seems sluggish and we keep getting the error you guys are mentioning. I was thinking about spyware but we installed a fresh copy of Win2k server, then SP4 and Virus software (norton corporate) from CD so its not even before its been on a network there are problems.

Swapped the memory/chips and all sorts but still issues, im thinking of starting again :(

I wish someone would just call me Sir, without adding 'Your making a scene'.

Rob

I am also getting this problem on one of our Windows 2000 servers. We can login from the server or from a remote desktop connection both getting the error message above.

From what I have read, you guys are rebooting the server and able to then login but then it happens again? Is that correct?

Because right now we can't even get into the server to run spyware or update software.

Hi jlmartin,

Yes, that's correct. Once you do reboot, then you will be able to run updates, spyware, etc.

LS

The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
The network request is not supported.

Please contact your system administrator.

Hi I have been having this message on my windows 2000 server for the last week or so. The only way to log in is to reboot the server. can anyone help please ? I can't find anything on Microsoft site

Nawazk:

Read all the info above, you'll find the solution that for that issue. if it doesn't work, you may want to start up your own new forum.

LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back