Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

logon dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenrevak

Programmer
Mar 13, 2007
CA
I have <authentication mode="Windows" /> in my web.config file but when I browse to the site on our network I get the login dialog box. How do I set things up to avoid this?

chances are it's your browser settings.
In the [tt]tools>internet options[/tt].
click the [tt]advanced[/tt] tab.
under the [tt]security[/tt] branch check [tt]Enable Integrated Windows Authentication (requires restart)[/tt] option.
you'll need to restart your computer.

Windows 2K has this disabled by default. Windows XP has this enabled by default. I'm not sure what the effects of FireFox/Opera would have. I know you can't automatically pass credentials, not sure if it will prompt you or not.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Checked and IE was already set as you suggest.

Thanks.

what are your authorization settings in the web.config? it may be the authentication option is set, but the authroization is preventing the user from accessing the web form.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Played with various options there but no joy. Had another member of my team try it and they didn't get the logon prompt. This leads me to believe it must be something to do with the VPN.

Thanks for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back