Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logoff Icon on Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshFink

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2003
US
Hopefully someone can help me figure this out. I would like to put an icon on the desktop that allows me to double click on it and it will log off the system.

I know I can go to start -> shutdown and then log off but this would help my users out who use a Terminal Services Session and aboslutely forget to log off.

Thanks

Josh

not for 2K. You'll need to use the SHUTDOWN.EXE from the resource kit, or WSH Scripting.

Do you have a copy of the resource kit? It comes with a logoff.exe file you can use.

James Collins
Hardware Engineer
A+ Certified Professional
Network+ Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified System Administrator
(What does all that jargon below my name mean? I dont know I am still trying to figure it out!)

I do have a copy of the resource kit. I'll look into it.

Thanks

Josh

If you have the Windows 2000 resource kit installed then the logoff.exe is located in the \program files\resorce kit\logoff.exe

You should be able to just place this on the Terminal Server All Users desktop folder and it should work fine. Never tried though.

James Collins
Hardware Engineer
(What does all that jargon below my name mean? I dont know I am still trying to figure it out!)

I just tested it. It should work fine for what you need.

James Collins
Hardware Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back