Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logo saving -

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephmaya

Technical User
Nov 18, 2003
CA
Hi there,

I asked a similar question earlier about someone that provided me with a logo design created in Photoshop. (im used to workign with illustrator)

I'm worried about the pritn quality of it but the helpful tip that I already recieved was that maybe the PSD file contains vector shapes and text. How would I know if it contains vector shapes and text? The font they used doesn't exsist in my photoshop and it looks like they did a shape with clipping paths. Its just two circles with cuts in them (clipping paths) and text in the middle.

I need to edit it and re-save as a high res jpg. I did and it looks a little blurry, even though I saved it at maximum.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again, Much appreciated!!!!

Stephanie

'maximum' in saving as JPG does not refer to resolution.

You should check the manual to see what vectors look like in Photoshop.

If something looks blurry, you have a sure sign that it is a raster image.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

Are you viewing it at 100% in Photoshop after saving the image?

It should really become blurry when saving as a high quality JPEG - it should really be barely noticeable.

You will (maybe not obviously) need to close the image and open the new, rasterized, version to see the impact upon the file.

Kind Regards
Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back