Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logo editing by client

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenpan

MIS
Jun 11, 2008
I created a logo for a client that combines straightforward text with text that is a compound path/clipping mask...my client needs to be able to resize the logo and apply it to, say Microsoft Word documents. I've tried .EPS, .SVG, and .AI formats, but when they open the files one of two problems occur:

1. The regular type part of the logo is unalterable, but the rest is

2. There is still blurring happening when it's resized.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

...have you tried export to .wmf or .emf...

...in any case, word is awful for anything more than typing and desktop printing...

Andrew

Do you know what OS and such they are using? I used to have the same problem in old AI between platforms, and would have to save the eps for Windows as an older version.

I many cases, you can make the logo quite large physically (say 5in. X 5in.) in AI and rasterize the thing at a high resolution, 600-1200 dpi. Then send them an rgb jpeg (at highest setting) and it will usually be ok since they will only be resizing down. Tiffs also usually work as long as there are no alpha channels.

You can also outline the fonts and group everything so everything shrinks alike.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back