Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LogMeIn works better if installed on both ends??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
I have a customer that uses LogMeIn to access their home computer from different work sites. They assert that they saw a message while logging into their remote PC that LogMeIn would work better if it is installed on both sides. It was installed as a result of this and is now causing a bit of a problem with the owner of the PC that wants to know why it was installed.

Anyone ever heard of that being the case - LogMeIn working better if the client is install on both computers (or some verbiage that might be interpreted that way). This person is very trustworthy, so I'm not suspicious but I'm trying to get to the root of their assertion.

Not that I have heard... it would be news to me if it were true. And searching their own help site on keyword "speed" shows nothing that implies that installing the client on the local machine would have any effect.

One of those pages is below... maybe the user is referring to java mode (but I doubt it)
How can I speed up my connection to the host computer?

Normally, the connection speed between two computers is not controlled by the LogMeIn application. It is generally controlled by outside factors such as the speed of the computers and the network/Internet speed.

The LogMeIn software does have some options that may assist in overall product performance on a slow connection:
Adjust color quality

Connect to your host computer and start Remote Control.
In the black ribbon bar at the top of the screen, click the Color Quality button (multi-colored square).
There are six options: Black and White, Low, Medium, High, Photo, and HD quality.
Please try setting the quality to Low and test Remote Control again.

Try Java mode (requires LogMeIn Pro)

We have authored a video for Pro users on this process:
Connect to your Pro host computer but do not start remote control. You can do this by choosing Main Menu.
Once connected, make sure you are in the detailed view by clicking Show detailed mode in the top left of the screen.
Click the monitor icon inside the Remote Control button.
You will get a drop-down choice of the Remote Control type you would like to use.

Yeah, I found nothing either to substantiate this claim. I'm in a tough spot. I have to defend someone that I trust (the person that installed the LogMeIn) while placating the owner of the PC at the same time. Yuck - politics. I think this was a case of a mistake that raised some eyebrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back