Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logitech Mouseware 9.75 - scrolling problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

groston

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2001
US
Ever since installing MouseWare 9.75, which supposedly fixed numerous scroll-wheel problems, I have lost the ability to use the scroll wheel within a number of applications, including Office VBA editor.

The Logitech web-site offers little useful advice other than uninstalling MouseWare, which is really a non-solution as other useful functionality would be lost. I am toying with the idea of 'reverting' to 9.73, but that may cause even more problems.

I am certain that I am not the only one to experience this problem. Have you found a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

I recently upgraded a friend from W2K to XP Pro and installed the Logitech Mouseware 9.75. It worked great until I installed AOHell on her pc. The only solution I could find was to completely uninstall the Mouseware. Once uninstalled, the scroll wheel worked fine in all programs. Re-installing the Mouseware just broke the scroll mouse. I know this isn't a solution, but it was definitely something in AOHell that broke it....

My 2 cents worth, 9.75 seems to have random combatability problems,Hope they come up with new version fast,switching
the mice around on two machines fixed it for now,this isn't a solution ether and I am not running AOHell.

Dave

Been fighting this (non-scrolling in VBA) problem for months! Reading this thread gave me an idea for a solution.

At least, it works in my Excel and Access VBA editor in XP. I uninstalled the logitech software, but had no luck with my scolling problem. Installed the MS Intellipoint software for a "Intellimouse trackball" (Trackman Explorer, I think it's called), and it scrolls just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back