Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logitech iTouch causes PC to hang

Status
Not open for further replies.

plymstock

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2000
GB
Running Logitech's iTouch s/w on win98 cause the PC to hang at shutdown... and the s/w will not unload itself politely at all after its first run, but will always do so after the second run.

I have...
1. TOTALLY removed iTouch from the system (I checked in the Registry to be certain!)
2. Performed an ABSOLUTELY clean boot (yukky 16 colour screen with Duplo-sized icons!!!)
(NB - no firewall / antivirus on this PC at all)
3. Installed the latest driver ( it222enu.exe )
4. Rebooted the computer (as requested at the end of the installation process)
5. Checked that iTouch works (it does - eg: My Documents folder opened as intended when the key was pressed)
6. Rebooted... but this would not work (ie: shutdown hung, and CTRL-ALT-DEL indicated iTouch was not responding)
...therefore forced iTouch to close ...& reboot process continued.
7. After rebooting:- right-click on iTouch system tray icon & select "Exit" ...system hangs. CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill iTouch
...restart iTouch again - right-click on iTouch system tray icon & select "Exit", and the program closed instantly
...rebooted, and this happened without problems.

CONCLUSION
Performing a totally clean install with the LATEST iTouch driver made no difference to the problem, namely:
The first loading of iTouch ALWAYS leaves me with a program that will not shut down politely.
The second loading of iTouch always behaves properly.
...and this is true regardless of whether there are any other programs running or drivers installed.

Anyone found a fix for this? Logitech don't seem to know what to do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back