Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logitech Dinova 2.0 - Nightmare ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jendeacott

Programmer
Feb 11, 2005
GB
Hi,

I took the plunge and forked out the hefty whack for the above bluetooth mouse and keyboard set.

Got it home and everything installed first time and I was well impressed. It looks that absolute nuts and is excellent to use, it really is.

Until.....for some reason one day (about three months on) both the mouse and keyboard stopped working. I'm presuming that it is something to do with the bluetooth hub not being recognized.

I have tried a clean install, even on a different PC, so now I’m at the stage where I’m thinking it could be a hardware issue. Weird it would just conk out suddenly one day though??

Anyway, just wondered if anyone has had any similar experiences with the Dinova set or even better if anyone knows how to fix it!!

Not sure now if to swap it or get a refund, but I haven’t seen any thing that come close for design or style, any suggestions there?

Cheers
John

Find out you can improve your plant security and plant tracking
¦

jendeacott,

Logitech suggests that you go through some troubleshooting steps (unplug/replug, try on another system) and then contact them for a RMA.

If you've already tried troubleshooting the problem, you might be best off just sending it back for replacement.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Hi Micker377, good thing you said presume instead of assume, lol.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

I learned the meaning of "assume", a long time ago. <grin> Especially when applied to computer work!

Hi Micker377,

The bluetooth hub is powered by the mains and the mouse is charged via the hub.

Thanks anyway.

I'll just send off for a replacement, from what i read on the logitech forums it seemed alot of people have had problems with this combo set. So I just thought I'd see if anyone here had.

Thanks anyway.

Find out you can improve your plant security and plant tracking
¦

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back