Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Logitech Cordless Mousman Optical won't retain customized settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIBEYZE

Technical User
Jul 24, 2003
US
I've customized the button functions on my Cordless Mousman Optical. I set the thumb button to BACK and the wheel button to CLOSE APPLICATION using Logitech Mouseware. These settings will work for about 1/2 hour after a reboot and then all of a sudden the thumb button will do nothing and the wheel button changes to AUTOSCROLL. I have a PII 400MHZ running Windows 98SE. I've deleted the mouse from device manager and reinstalled it but the problem keeps coming back.

[blue]_ _--[/blue] [red]RIBEYZE[/red] [blue]--_ _[/blue]

Windows 98 SE. I ran Windows Update yesterday and all necessary updates are installed. I've also used the mouse on an XPPro machine and it ran fine, I did not have the same problem.

I meant an update from Logitech. This may be a known problem that they have addressed.

Within the last week I've removed the mouse from device manager, downloaded the latest version of mouseware for Windows 98 from Logitec and reinstalled the mouse. I noticed that when Windows detects the new mouse it installs drivers. Could they be conflicting with the Logictech drivers somehow?

Title: MouseWare
Version: 9.79.1 build 25
Posted: 01/08/2004
Platform: Windows 98

I've had Logitech conflict with Windows drivers (had a couple where I had to go in in safe mode and remove the Logitech drivers to prevent system lockups). I'd remove the Logitech drivers, and see what all works with default Windows drivers. If needed, see if you can install the "customizing" part, without the Logitech drivers.

I'll give it a shot.

I solved this problem by downloading Logitech MouseWare Advanced Settings Utility 1.1.0.1 Windows 98/ME/2000/XP. My settingshave stuck to the custom functions ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back