Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login window only partially appearing on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

edlcsre

MIS
May 9, 2002
GB
This is really odd, anyone got any ideas?

We have a published Desktop being used by the vast majority of users here, and we were having intermittant calls from users to say that when they launched the Desktop, the windows login screen for them to enter their username and password was appearing almost completely off the top left hand side of the screen. I've been able to isolate this to just a single server in the Farm, but this is where i am confused as this server, along with 4 others, was very recently re-imaged, and none of the other machines have the problem.

The login box appears so high up you can just about see the bottom right hand side of the 'select machine or domain' pulldown box, but you can't see to type in your name.

Its a standard published desktop, and is set to full screen. Windows Server 2003, PS4.5 and using

Anyone seen this before and have any ideas? I've been trawling through some CTX articles and found one which talked about being able to block windows which don't appear on the client from being sent (i think this was more to do with dual screen machines) I've enabled this and, sure enough, the login box then vanishes, so its definitely something to do with this. Doesn't matter what resolution i set the desktop to, its always the same thing.

Whats even more peculiar is it just seems to affect Citrix Program Neighborhood. If you log into PNAgent first, and launch the desktop, it opens fine, and if you log in via Web Interface and launch the desktop it also opens fine, so it does appear to be a problem with where the login prompt is appearing on screen.

Anyone have any ideas of how this can be resolved?

Many thanks,

Chris

If this is isolated to one server, but works on the other three, I would start by looking to see if there are any obvious differences between them.

Do they all have the same patches installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back