Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login Trouble - demo business only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltervp

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2001
US
Logging into Macola used to always work, and it still works sometimes....(!!) But occasionally when you type in your login name and pwd no company choices appear, only the Macola demo data.

I have cleared temp. user files in temp directory, we are not exceeding our license number, what can this be? How can I solve this?

Walter---

I bypassed the problem. Turned out the user's login was corrupted. On the supervisors login the user did not appear, and trying to recreate him caused the 'user already exists' error. A new ident was created for the user and all problems were solved...

Trying to use the corrupt ident on any workstation would confuse Macola to the point no others could log in from that station till you closed and started the application again - on the workstation only.

Now how do i delete the invalid user account that doesnt show up on the supervisor's users list????

I have the same problem with waltervp. It would be very nice if I can get an update of how to resolve this issue. Also, I have some clients who suddenly could not log into macola. They received the error "invalid login". After I reset the password, they still received that error.

Ble
ble@gnsservice.com

Benjamin-

Try synchronizing the security in Visual Menu Builder for the users in question. If that does not work, copy from the existing user to a new one, delete the old one and copy back.

Let me know what you find out. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

I followed dgillz suggestion and sync Macola with SQL. My users are able to log in now.
My other problem was that one of my groups and users within that group disappeared. I cannot delete or recreate those users from Macola. They are like ghost. I cannot see them but they are there. I deleted their record in SQL, but not Macola.

Benjamin-

I had to do this once, and I never had an idea as to what caused it. What I am getting ready to tell you is very dangerous and I do not recommend it to a casual user.

First, get everyone out of Macola and P.SQL and back up your data. Go into MS Access and create a link table to \\servername\macolarootdir\screens\syspass.btr (If you are using Sql server version of Macola it will not be a .btr file). Then delete all references to the users and/or groups in question. You will be able to re-add them.

Let me know if you have any questions.

dgilsdorf@altavista.com
Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

dgillz,
Just to update you on this issue, my co-worker created an SQL script that I ran to remove the group name and user name one by one. Then recreated their account from Macola. This problem never happened to me again. This problem occurs when trying to modify group and user security while they are logged on in Macola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back