Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

login training room of PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

longneck

MIS
Aug 30, 2001
US
does anyone know of a program that we can install on the PC's in our training room so that we can log them all in simultaneously? we don't hand out the password to the PC's to the people who come in for training, and logging in 40+ systems one at a time is time-consuming. the built-in windows auto-login is not an option due to our network security policy.

- Carl

If your Domain Security requires users to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to log in, then I don't know of any program that will run to allow auto log-in. That's why MS put that in, to prevent trojans from running and capturing key strokes.

I suggest you move the training computers into their own OU, then apply a GPO to them to permit those systems to auto log on. Haven't tried it but that should work.

Optionally, remove the training PC's from the domain and manage them individually.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

There is a utility in the 2k res kit (Autoexnt.exe) that will let you execute a custom batch file at startup without having to logon to the machine. The ideal scenario would be to setup the pcs nics with wake-on-LAN to start them up simutaniously, at which point they would execute the script. Maybe someone else has a VB scipt or utility that it could call to complete the login. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back