Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login to server via ftp

Status
Not open for further replies.

cumap

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2007
US
Hello all,

I'm following an instruction to set up a SSH for my laptop to work with those unsecured internet network at public locations like library or so. Step by step I follow ok until it said "login to your server via ftp", I'm stuck!!!

Could someone help me, in detail, how to do as such.

Thank you!

Just open your web browser and point it to

ftp://username:password@ftp.servername.com

where username is your FTP username
Password is your FTP password
ftp.servername.com is your FTP server address

first off, thank you lhuegele for your response.

second, maybe my better/clearer question should be: what server is the SSH tutorial actually talking about?

I meant is it the localhost IIS? or what else? and if we are talking about the IIS server, I don't really know what username/password is using here.

Thank you again and please help.

Well, since I don't have a copy of the SSH tutorial you're using, I have no idea what it's talking about.

My guess would be any FTP server you need to access that is not in your local network.

Good luck,

If the machine you are connecting to is not running an SSH server, then you won't be able to connect using a client. Most Linux distributions have this built-in. If you are connecting to a Windows host then you will need to download/install OpenSSH for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back