Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Login to NW6 Using WinXP Dial-up VPN w/ Client 4.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGuySmall

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
US
Hello
I am trying to login to a new Netware 6 server from home. I want to Login to NW6 using the WinXP Dial-up VPN. This used to work perfectly for a NW4.11 Server with IPX. New server has IP only. I've reinstalled the NW 4.9 client for IP only. Client establishes the VPN connection perfectly with the login via DUN option. However, from there the client stops responding and will not find the server. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sorry - no idea whatsoever
never dealt with dial-ins at all

Doesn't your Dial-up VPN assign an IP address to you that puts you on the same network as the server? or at least to somewhere that you can route to the server?

Can you ping the server? That would be your first step. If you can ping it, you should be able to login. I've never used dial-up either, but that's basic IP.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back